Welcome to PocketColeco!
A ColecoVision emulator for the PocketPC!
By Stuart Russell (c)2001
Visitors since April 29th:
If you have problems getting this software to work, please read the notes at the bottom of this page prior to emailing!
Details on PocketVCS and PocketColeco Settings
NEWS: November 02, 2001: Another update, finally! After a run of bad luck things are back on track, and the next build is ready to go. Version 0.7: Sound is the big news this time, as the emulation no longer truncates sound clips too early.
NEWS: June 3, 2001: Updated release version 0.65 is up. This updated version now adds speed control (iPaq!), adds control over sound mix mode, changes the gamestate file type to .css, and incorporates a few bug fixes.
NEWS: June 2, 2001: Well, the second release of PocketColeco is now ready. This new version now supports Save/Load gamestates, adds Autofire support (saves wear and tear on the buttons, and helps the iPaq users avoid the serial keyboard issue), includes full control over processing time during sync states, adds frameskipping for speed control, adds Adam emulation, has an improved keypad skin, and has improved sound! Worth the wait! Source code is also now available! Thanks to Bill Stanton for the great PocketColeco Logo!
- Support for all known catridge sizes and formats
- Full 4 voice sound implementation, with volume, sample rate, and buffer size controls, now with improved sound!
- Standard controller support, with keypad onscreen
- Bitmap screen image save feature
- Full speed emulation all supported PDAs
- Last settings saved automatically
- Save/Load Gamestates
- Autofire support for both A and B fire buttons, individually. Pressing the fire key while this feature is enabled will function as "stop firing"
- Full control over processing time during Horizontal and Vertical Sync. Changing these values can be helpful for tweaking game speed (faster, or slower)
- Skipframe support for speed control
- Adam emulation support.
- There are some games that show minor graphic errors.
- Sound implementation is not perfect yet, and timing errors may skew some game music
- The Keypad is needed for starting most games, and is on-screen.
Casio E-115/ E-125:
v0.65: June 3/01 - adds speed control (iPaq!),
adds control over sound mix mode, changes the gamestate file type to .css,
and incorporates a few bug fixes.
v0.60: June 2/01 - New keypad, Save/Load States, more options, improved sound, minor bug fixes.
v0.50: April 29/01 - First public version
Some History / Older News:
PocketColeco is my second public project for PocketPC, ported from the amazing emulator ColEm created by Marat Fayzullin. This project is open source, under the GNU Public License, and others are encouraged to offer improvements, and other PDA device builds. Currently the emulator runs several hundred games at playable rates. This emulator was started in April 2001, and is still in it's infancy, hence version 0.5. Sound is now running, but not fully optimized, and some peripherals like the super controllers are not implemented at this time.
1. These zips contain .exe files compiled for PDAs. They must be manually copied to your device.
2. Roms must be located under "\My Documents", or one of its subdirectories. If you are placing roms on a CF card, create a directory of this name first.
3. The coleco system ROM needs to be present, and located in the ROOT directory of your PDA. This will be changed in the future.
3. You must have a copy of the GAPI library file "gx.dll" in your PDA's /windows directory. There are various versions of this file, depending on the device. These files can be found at:
4. In case you really mess things up, and can't remember what you did...delete the file "Pocketcoleco.set" from your PDA's root directory!
MIPS Version 0.7 Binary (92.1K) - Cassiopeia E-125, E-115 & EM500
ARM Version 0.7 Binary (78.6K) - Compaq iPaq
SH3 Version 0.7 Binary (94.3K) - HP Jornada 540
Version 0.7 C++ Source (297K) -
Released under GNU Public License. Please read file headers for credits.
MIPS Version 0.65 Binary (94.5K) - Cassiopeia E-125, E-115 & EM500
ARM Version 0.65 Binary (80.3K) - Compaq iPaq
SH3 Version 0.65 Binary (96.2K) - HP Jornada 540
Version 0.65 C++ Source (297K) - Released under GNU Public License. Please read file headers for credits.
MIPS Version 0.5 Binary (48.5K) - Cassiopeia E-125, E-115 & EM500
ARM Version 0.5 Binary (45K) - Compaq iPaq
SH3 Version 0.5 Binary (50K) -
HP Jornada 540